Within this research project 25 structured interviews are made with a wide range of political, economic and social actors (mayors, company managers, entrepreneurs, leaders of both administrative and civil spheres) from the area of the Ister-Granum EGTC. In the interviews we seek for answers to respond the following research questions:
• How did the importance of cross-border relations changed in your work in consequence of EU integration and Schengen accession?
• What kind of cross-border relations do your municipality/organization have?
• In what kind of cross-border cooperation projects/fundings did your municipality/organization participate in the last couple of years? In what territories are they effectives?
• What kind of administrative burdens, or other difficulties do you have to face when establishing and managing cross-border cooperation?
• How did Ister-Granum EGTC as organization managed to contribute to the establishment/development of your cross-border cooperation?
After the closure of the interview process a questionnaire study together with a traffic survey is performed at the Mária Valéria Bridge, which is at the same time the most important linkage and the bottleneck of the Ister-Granum Region. The survey targets mainly the Hungarian and Slovakian cross-border commuters of the region, trying to reveal the characteristic spatial pattern of their daily activities.
// 2015.01.07.Crossing the borders: best practices of cross-border cooperation within the Danube Region
Closing Conference of the project, Budapest, February 26, 2015
// 2014.09.05.Professional internship for university students